Where as I love sailing around the islands in the BVI, Frank would
happily spend the entire week on Cow Wreck’s Beach on Anegada. In case
you feel the same way, here’s some info on where to stay on Anegada.
(It’s also a good alternative if you have little kids or someone who
doesn’t do so well on boats.)
If you come on your boat, there’s only one harbor you can stay in at
Anegada. You can grab one of the moorings or you can anchor. Be sure to
check the charts and anchor somewhere deep enough for your boat. It can
get windy at night.
Here’s what I know about the villas and hotels on Anegada.
- Cow Wreck Beach Resort has
several villas. One of the villas has two bedrooms and air
conditioning. The others are one bedroom and no AC. The beach is huge
with great sand and snorkeling. The restaurant is awesome with very
friendly owners. Does anybody know how to contact them? (Note that
although it’s called "resort" it’s not elaborate. It’s a beach with
villas and a great open restaurant.) This would be my first choice.
- Anegada Beach Cottages. They have several villas. No AC. No restaurant but close to some places to eat.
- Neptune’s Treasure. Good restaurant. On the harbor, not the beach.
- Anegada Reef Hotel. 20 room hotel, food-included, on the beach. The original owner was well loved by regular visitors. His kids run the hotel now.
- Sands Hotel. Not on the beach.