The last time we went sailing I debated whether or not to take my Kindle.
Reasons to take it:
- I could carry all my books (usually five or so) in one little gadget.
- I could carry it in a waterproof case. (The paperback books get pretty dog eared and wet. With a Kindle you can turn the pages while it’s in the case.)
- The technology is good enough to read in the sun.
- I could get a particular book easily. So if I wanted the sequel to the book I just read, I could just buy it.
- I could use the wireless for internet access.
- I might lose it.
- I might get it wet. Even in a waterproof case.
- I might drop it in the ocean and it would sink.
- I might leave it on the beach when snorkelling and someone might take it.
- I wouldn’t be able to share the books I finished reading.
In the end I didn’t take it. But I use it so much now, I think it’ll go along on the next trip.
What do you think? Should you take your Kindle sailing? Do they belong on boats?