While you should take any game you enjoy, remember that it will often be windy and damp. We try to take waterproof games with heavy pieces that will not blow away in the wind. (Or cards that you will hold in your hand most of the time.)
- Hilarious guessing games like What’s Yours Like? – The Game That Tells it Like it Is and Adult HedBanz.
- If you are all adults, Cards Against Humanity can provide for some hilarious adult fun.
- Bananagrams. Great for a quieter adult night.
- Waterproof playing cards. Good for a whole bunch of games. We take two decks in case we want to play Pinochle.
- Water proof Uno cards with a carabiner. Just play with the “draw until you can play” rule and it’s hours of entertainment for kids and adults alike.
- Trivial Pursuit Card Game – just the questions.
- Mexican Train Domino Game in an Aluminum Case. Good for both adults and kids and easy to play while carrying on a conversation.
- Apples to Apples. An active game, fun for adults and kids.
We used to take a box of travel games but lost many little pieces over the years.
The games are good for evening entertainment, rainy afternoons and plan travel. You won’t need 7, but you might want to take 1 or 2.
While you are planning, here are some other useful things to pack: